Nicole Maniez, MAOM, Lic Ac, earned her Master’s Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from the New England School of Acupuncture. She is Board Certified and licensed to practice acupuncture and herbal medicine in New Jersey by the Board of Medicine. Nicole is nationally certified in Oriental Medicine through the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and has completed externships at Boston Medical Center in the pediatric department, Winchester Hospital, Dimmock Health Center, and detox programs through the Victory Programs. Nicole was in private practice for about four year when she had the opportunity to start a community acupuncture clinic. In 2011, South Shore Community Acupuncture opened outside of Boston, MA within a Western medical practice. Nicole quickly feel in love with community acupuncture and how it allowed much greater access to care. In 2013, she returned to her home state of NJ and opened Jersey Community Acupuncture.
Nicole has volunteered for Lucy’s Love Bus, a non-profit bringing holistic health to children with cancer, Veteran’s Acupuncture Care, offering free treatments to vets, and yogaHOPE offering yoga to under-served women in recovery. Nicole completed a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training at South Boston Yoga and a YogaKids Foundations course and taught hundreds of youth classes for My First Yoga.
Before becoming an acupuncturist, Nicole was an instructor at Outward Bound. In her free time, Nicole loves being outdoors with her family, being humbled by amateur bike racing, collecting instruments that she never fully learns to play, making art, and watching her daughter grow.
- Acupuncture for Pregnancy and Fertility – New England School of Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for Cancer Care – Memorial Sloane-Kettering Cancer Center, NYC
- Integrative PTSD Programs for Veterans – Joe C. Chang, Dipl. OM, LAc
- Balance Method Acupuncture – Richard Tan, Lic.Ac
- Hari Program Japanese non-insertive acupuncture and pediatric acupuncture – Koei Kuwahara, Lic. Ac
- Herbal Formulas for Pediatrics – Jake Fratkin, Lic. Ac., OMD
- How to Safely Prescribe Herbs to Patients on Pharmaceuticals – Greg Sperber, BMBS, LAc
- Herbs for Pregnancy – Midwifery Today Conference, Philadelphia
POCAFest, Providence, RI 2013 + 2015
Northeast Women’s Herbal Conference, NH 2015
Southeast Women’s Herbal Conference, Black Mountain, NC, 2012 + 2013
Partners in Perinatal Health, Norwood, MA 2010-2012
Be Healthy, Boston – 2012
Community Acupuncture Network CANference, Manchester, NH 2011
Massachusetts Conference for Women, 2011
Midwifery Today Conference, Philadelphia, 2010