We are delighted that you are here!
We are excited to bring community acupuncture and herbal medicine to Central New Jersey. Community acupuncture is an international movement to create access to acupuncture by making treatments affordable. We utilize a sliding scale of $20-40 (with a one time initial intake fee of $10) and treat you while you rest in a comfortable recliner in our serene community treatment room. We use points on the head, ear and below the elbows and knees to treat the entire body, so there’s no need to undress – just remove your shoes and roll up your pants and sleeves. We can even address your back pain by treating points on your hands and feet. Young children may receive a very gentle, non-insertive technique if they prefer.
First Time Here? Here’s what you need to know:
- Your initial appointment is $30-$50 and follow-ups are $20-$40. You pay on a sliding scale to fit you budget that day or week. No questions asked.
- You are welcome to bring your ipod or earplugs to add to your relaxation.
- Wear loose clothing so you can easily roll up to elbows and knees.
- Turn off your phone and no texting in the treatment room.
- Feel free to pay before treatment or make more appointments. Sometimes folks are so relaxed when they leave, they prefer not to deal with money and scheduling.
- Whisper in the treatment room, enter and exit quietly and do your best to preserve the calm!
- People experience acupuncture differently, but most feel no or minimal sensation as the needles (sterile, single-use, and tiny) are inserted.
- Please relax or nap with your needles in for at least 30 minutes. Some folks choose to stay for up to an hour.
- Simply make eye contact with your practitioner to let them know you are ready to leave.
- Don’t wear perfume or heavy scents. Some people react poorly to heavy scents.
We are members of POCA, and part of an International Movement. POCA is the People’s Organization of Community Acupuncture and we want you to know about it! As a multi-stake cooperative, POCA’s goal it to make acupuncture available to as many people as possible and create sustainable businesses, jobs and engender community. The movement keeps growing and in 2012 POCA member clinics provided over 750,000 treatments. You too can become a member if you like. Patient memberships are on a sliding scale starting at $25. And membership has its benefits. Check out pocacoop.org to learn more!